As of June 15th, CAIR-TX will be providing free and low-cost immigration assistance to eligible clients across the state of Texas.
Thanks to the generous support of our community, our services will currently include representation for:
- Family based Green cards
- You may be eligible for a green card if you are an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen. An immediate relative is defined as any spouse, unmarried child under the age of 21, or a parent of a U.S. citizen (older than 21).
- U.S. Citizenship
- Generally, a person is eligible to apply for citizenship if they were a permanent resident for at least five years, with certain exceptions, was physically present in the U.S. during that period, and maintained a good moral character in those 5 years.
We are currently working towards increasing the capacity of our legal team and expand our services in the near future to include the following:
- These are options for immigrants who have been victims of criminal activities.
- This type of legal protection is granted to those who have been persecuted, or are in fear of being persecuted, on the account of their race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.
- Immigration Court
- Undocumented immigrants can be placed in deportation proceedings for a number of reasons and will need to appear before a judge in immigration court.